Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Awesome Day in Kids Church


Yesterday was a great day. The kids seem to be excited to be there, or maybe it was just me. We talked about how God calls our name. We use the examples of:

One day, Moses saw a burning bush and went over to take a look. God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses answered, "Here I am." (Exodus 3:4)

As Jesus walked down the streets of Jericho one day, he stopped and looked up in a tree. "Zacchaeus,come down right now. I am going to your house today." When Jesus called his name, Zacchaeus came down. (Luke 19:5)

Before the apostle Paul became a follower of Christ, his name was Saul. As he was going to Damascus to persecute the disciples, a bright light flashed around him. He fell to the ground and he heard a voice from heaven say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" Saul answered, "Who are you, Lord?" (Acts 9:1-5)

After using these examples I asked a few of the kids to act out a great story of God calling someone. The story was of Samuel and how he kept hearing the voice of God during the night and kept waking up Eli to see if he was calling him. Eli finally realized the Lord was calling Samuel and he told Samuel to answer Him. The kids did a great job acting out this story. I think all that were there will remember it for a long time.    

No comments: